VDA Asia is part of a mutual, non-profit, non-commercial association of veterinarians, first established in South Africa in1992.
The VDA uses its funds to provide protection services to its members (terms and conditions apply). The professional protection services include:
- Unlimited advice and guidance, within 24 to 48 hours of contact with us
- Alternate Dispute Resolution
- Defence of VSBHK complaints
- Defence of investigations by other relevant statutory controlling bodies
- Defence of actions made against a member by non-statutory organisations and clubs, like welfare organisations, dog clubs and racing authorities
- Relevant statutory Criminal defence
- Civil Medical Negligence defence.
The VDA provides members with a comprehensive set of consent forms and certificates, bulletins on best practice protocols, as well as notices and other useful information. This information is available under MyVDA on the VDAASIA website. Members also receive a regular VDA newsletter.
For the best practice defence, it is advised that veterinarians join the VDA when they graduate and retire from the VDA at least three years after they provide their very last professional service. Members receive unlimited, comprehensive professional protection throughout their careers.