The VDA is the ONLY professional veterinary defence organisation in Asia!
VDA membership offers:
- Management of incidents, events and disputes as they arise in day-to-day practice.
- Advice and guidance provided by dedicated specially trained experienced veterinarians.
- Alternate Dispute Resolution with owners with compensation for owners when the veterinarian failed to meet minimum professional standards.
- Management of the defence of complaints and claims from the time they arise until concluded, ensuring that you are in the best position to defend yourself.
- Assistance with composing certificates, reports and responses.
- Preventive measures in the form of consent forms, model certificates, record keeping, Bulletins dealing with best defensive practice and Notices of issues of direct and immediate importance to members.
- A weekly newsletter (Barks ‘n Bytes) in which actual cases defended by the VDA are discussed and analysed.
- A monthly webinar, commencing soon, which discusses medical topics with a veterinary medicolegal defence flavor.